Thursday, June 5, 2014

Recipe: Rhubarb and Blueberry Crumble

I got my first order From the Farmer this week and dove right into the basket.  I saw the rhubarb and immediately thought to make a crumble.

Filling:
3 cups Wyman's Wild Blueberries
2 cups fresh rhubarb From the Farmer
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 
Pinch of salt

I like to do my chopping on my new Chef Sleeve so I can see my ipad while I'm cooking. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare the topping. 
In a large bowl, toss the rhubarb and blueberries with the sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and salt.  Pour into a 8-inch dish.  (I like Le Creuset.)

Topping:
1/2 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, melted
Whipped Cream

Combine cake mix, cinnamon, and butter in a mixing bowl. Mix until crumbly.   Sprinkle mixture over the fruit.

Bake 35-40 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.

No comments: