Monday, March 11, 2013

Around the Globe: The Saxon Spa

After the 17 hour flight to Johannesburg, South Africa, I was treated to the Saxon's Signature Sound Therapy Treatment.  I arrived to the spa and changed into a comfortable robe and was led into the sound room.  

The room was filled with large gongs, a variety of handmade metal bowls, and a water bed.  This was a first for me.  I got on the bed and once I was situated, the platform was released leaving me feeling a floating sensation in the water.  

I closed my eyes and the treatment began.  I started hearing a variety of noises and vibrations from high pitch dings to low resounding booms.  At one point, bowls were placed on different parts of my body to further the sound energy through the water.  I tried my best to relax and enjoy.  While I was happy to try a new experience, I still think a massage is my favorite spa treatment.  

After the sound therapy, I checked out the Jacuzzi and steam room.  The facilities are quite lovely.  I ended the day by the pool to catch a few rays of sun.  The Saxon's spa and pool create the feeling of a peaceful oasis.

Next up:  Safari at Sabi Sabi Reserve!

No comments: