Monday, July 23, 2012

Eating and Drinking Around Town: Jacques Lardiere, Casa Oaxaca, and More

I had one of the most fascinating lunches at Fiola to celebrate the retirement of wine legend, Jacques Lardiere of Louis Jadot.  Jacques has the most charming personality, a wealth of knowledge about the industry, as well as the most fabulous stories.  Each year, Louis Jadot produces 150 different wines from the Burgundy region of France.  Each wine was remarkable!  The pairing lunch was a delightful way to spend the afternoon.  Lucky for us, Kobrand Corporation, imports the beautiful wines to DC.
Fiola on Urbanspoon

I recently checked out the Mezcal pairing dinner at Casa Oaxaca. Not only was the food delicious, but I learned that I like sipping Mezcal straight up.  I loved the duck enchiladas with figs, Panela cheese, and Mole Negro Oaxaqueno paired with the Fidencio Classico.  
Casa Oaxaca on Urbanspoon

Washingtonian's Best of Party packed the house at the National Building Museum.  Lines wrapped around the building to get inside.  I was disappointed that many of my favorite restaurants ran out of food so early so I didn't get to taste their dishes.  Some standouts included:  CityZen, Plume and Equinox. 
Mayfair and Pine opened.  Didn't get to try the full menu at the opening party, but the little Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches were da bomb.
Mayfair & Pine on Urbanspoon
We went tubing over the weekend and I grabbed some Kahlúa Iced Coffee for the bus ride to the river.  These cans are perfect for morning sipping.

No comments: