Monday, November 21, 2011

Martha Stewart Rocked Shiny Jeggings at DAR

 
Last week Martha Stewart gave an  interview  at DAR for the Smithsonian Associates and discussed her influences and inspirations and the continuing evolution of American domestic culture. 


I'm sure many agree that Martha is talented, however, one trait she does not seem to possess is humility.  
When compared to Julia Childs by the interviewer, Martha made sure to point out that Julia only brought America cooking while, Martha has brought "living" to Americans.  Don't get me wrong, I like decorative arts and cuisine, but I'm not sure I would go as far as saying that Martha has taught us how to live.  How could we possibly go on without her?  I realize that this interview was about Martha's impact on American style, but I expected her to be gracious.  
Maybe I'm alone here, because she was able to fill the main level of DAR with her fans (mainly women 60 and older).  
 Even though Martha might not be humble, she did rock some awesome shiny jeggings!

Photos by Emily Clack

No comments: