Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Thailand: Supatra River House

I've mentioned a lot about our sightseeing in Bangkok, but didn't get a chance to tell you about the food.  Unfortunately, our first Thai meal was a little disappointing.  

Our first real meal in Bangkok was at Supatra River House.  I was pretty excited because I read good things about the restaurant online. 

As the name describes, this restaurant is on the river.  It is a pretty little spot.   

Unfortunately the food wasn’t all that impressive.  I was so excited to get my first taste of Thai food and I left disappointed.  It seemed as though they made the flavors more bland for the American palette.  

 The appetizer of fish cakes with a peanut sauce was good.  

 The beef and vegetable dishes tasted plain.  

 I love spicy food, but this wasn’t spicy at all.   

They offered a standard fruit plate for dessert.  The staff was very friendly and the food was all properly cooked, it just lacked the “wow” factor. If you're looking for a nice view, check it out, but if you want the Thai food that I fell in love with over the course of the trip, I'd recommend looking elsewhere. 

No comments: