Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Iceland: Lava Restaurant at the Blue Lagoon

Sorry for the delay.  It is taking me a while to go through all of the menus and my notes to tell the story of Iceland.  To catch up, we had spent the morning relaxing in the steamy waters of the Blue Lagoon.  So after having some fun soaking in the Blue Lagoon, I had more judging to do at Lava for Food and Fun 2011LAVA Restaurant at Blue Lagoon offers a unique dining experience. It is built into the cliff so it features a natural lava wall and the view overlooks the lagoon, adding to its uniqueness.  It is absolutely stunning!
 Our DC friend Kaz Ocokhi started us out with a seafood ceviche with cheese bread.


I loved the Langoustine miso soup.  I wish I saw more of these baby lobsters in DC.

Next, Chef Kaz served us his creative take on Nicoise salad with tuna tartar with Asian Flavors.

Fresh selection of sushi
I was happy to try Pouilly-Fume for the first time after hearing about it from one of my favorite clients.
We ended the meal with a delicious Skyr and blueberries.  The competition was fierce. 

240 Grindavík
Tel: (+354) 420 8806

No comments: