Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pre-production: Recipe Development for Fresh Mint Truffles and the Thin-Mintini


I've been so excited to work with Shenandoah Growers to make Fresh Mint Truffles and a Thin-Mintini.  I finalized the recipes this weekend and they are delicious!  For the truffles, I infused the cream with the fresh mint to give them the perfect amount of minty flavor.  Then I added some Mint Chocolate Bailey's and I rolled them in crumbled thin mint cookies.  Wait until you taste them!  You'll see the whole recipe after we film this weekend.

For the Thin-Mintini, I finally got it just right.  I infused 360 Chocolate Vodka with fresh mint for a few days.  Then I mixed it with Mint Chocolate Bailey's and rimmed the glass with crumbled thin mint cookies.  The results:  Girl Scout Cookie in a glass.

Both of these recipes will be perfect for Valentine's Day Treats.  Recipes and show coming next month.

Special thanks to our episode sponsors, Shenandoah Growers, Bailey's, 360 Vodka, Catch that Cupcake, and Cointreau Noir.

Also, not only will you be able to catch this upcoming episode on the Dish Network, starting this month, you'll be able to see all of the Capital Cooking episodes on TBD TV (Channel 8) on Comcast, Verizon FIOS, RCN, Cox and more.  We'll be airing every Saturday and Sunday.  More details coming soon!

No comments: