Monday, August 23, 2010

Review: Estadio

Initial thoughts:
  • Design and Decor:  Loved it!  Traditional Spain with a modern feel.  I also love the huge windows.
  • Wait:  Way too long...(over 2 hours)
  • Food:  Delicious.  My favorite dish is the Hanger Steak.  The flavor was all there and I loved the heirloom tomatoes and croutons.
  • Drinks:  Yummy Sangria!
  • Price:  Pretty pricey
  • Service:  Friendly
  • Would I go back?  Yes.
Estadio offers tapas which are no longer unique to Spanish cuisine in DC (Small plates:  Cork, Masa 14, Policy, Cava, etc.).  I've heard many complaints about the small plates partially because these restaurants are popping up everywhere around town forcing people to order around 3 dishes and paying a pretty penny or leaving hungry.  For me, I'm a fan because I love to get a taste of as many dishes that I can on the menu.  I get bored with one over-sized plate of food.  

This place is HOT right now.  Lots of people and volume...fun!  Great drink offerings including "slushitos".  Our server recommended the tortilla espanola and we weren't disappointed with the perfect egg potato combo.  I also really liked my deviled egg with a Russian salad on top.  Overall, we had a fun experience and we are happy that Estadio joined our neighborhood!

Estadio on Urbanspoon

(202) 319-1404
Logan Circle
1520 14th St NW
Washington, DC 20005
www.estadio-dc.com

No comments: