Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Planning your Thanksgiving Menu



My in-laws are coming and I want to make a memorable meal for Thanksgiving. With everything I've learned from Cooking 101, I'm hoping to bring a delicious meal to the table. I enjoyed a pre-Thanksgiving warm up on Sunday with friends. You can't beat the never ending supply of comfort food during the holidays. I'm thankful for that!

First Course
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup

I usually don't use all of the squash in the soup so I can try some of these other Butternut Squash recipes to use the leftovers.

Cranberry Chutney

Mixed Greens with Cranberries, Apples, Carmelized Walnuts and Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette
Main Course

Turkey with Maple Syrup, Bacon and Sage Butter
Potato Gratin
Sweet Potato Casserole
Green Beans Casserole
Corn Bread Stuffing

Parmesan Herb bread

Desserts

Still deciding...Maybe Chocolate Pecan Tart

Cocktails
Cranberry Sangria
Pumpkin Pie Martini
Bourbon Furnace
Cran-Apple Cobbler

What are you making?


1 comment:

Mike Licht said...

Real American Guys just gotta deep-fry that turkey.

See:


http://notionscapital.wordpress.com/2009/11/24/turkey-torching-tips-for-guys/