Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Restaurant Review: Chix

We recently moved to the U Street Corridor area and we are still exploring our neighborhood restaurants. One thing we are always looking for is good delivery. (My husband and I are both lawyers and sometimes we come home late and don't have time to cook.) When we moved to the area my friend Marla recommended that we try Chix. We decided to get delivery from them this week. When I called Chix, I was placed on hold and then hung up on... I called back and they apologized and said it was an accident. The girl on the phone was very nice. I asked for her recommendations and she was quite helpful. The menu featured lots of organic options. We wanted to get a half chicken with the chix style, but they were out so we decided to go with the Colombian. A Colombian-style bird gets a 24 soak in organic coconut milk and coffee. The chicken was well flavored and very juicy. We dipped it in the delicious mustard curry sauce. It reminded me of Nando's Peri Peri from our old Chinatown neighborhood. We picked the roasted sweet potatoes and the noodles and cheese for our two sides. Both very flavorful, but seemed like they had been sitting there for a while...however, it was 9:30 p.m. when we ate. Overall it was a good delivery meal and we will order again from Chix.

Chix on Urbanspoon

Chix

(202) 234-2449
U Street/Shaw
2019 11th St NW
Washington, DC 20001
www.chixdc.com

No comments: