Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Developing the Episodes


Develop the Episodes: About a year before I started filming the show, I started a notebook of my ideas. I started coming up with recipes based on themes and drafting scripts. I also would brainstorm with friends and family about what to name the show. One morning I woke up from a dream and told my husband that I wanted to name the show "Capital Cooking." He liked the idea so I went with it.

So far, we've filmed 11 episodes. We'll be filming two more in August and two more in September. The show has turned its focus on more international cuisine and contact with the embassies. I've also used my episode ideas to teach cooking classes. Feel free to email me if you have any episode ideas at capitalcooking@gmail.com

Photo by Shauna Alexander featuring Lauren and Denise Medved.

No comments: